Vertical lines on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

busstopsign

Beta member
Hi, so I often get these problems, i.e vertical lines running on my display, they seem to be moving from right to left, or a solid-coloured sreen after which my pc hangs and needs to be rebooted. both of these problems seem to dissapear after rebooting pc, but they soon reapear. sometimes they dont apear for several days, and sometimes that happens every 5 minutes. I already tried using different monitor, but the problems persist, so i know its not my monitor. I asume, that my gpu is starting to die, but im not sure, so I was wondering how I could find that out.
My gpu is Gtx 260 216 cores.

Yes, your GPU is more than likely dying. Check your idle and load temperatures using a program like EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner.

MSI afterburner shows that my GPU on Idle is around 40c so it's not that bad. although it tends to happen more often when my GPU gets hotter, like when gaming, if it gets around 60c, It's almost certain to start malfunctioning. though, 60c isn't that much either, so it's probably not just overheating. Im thinking of trying my GPU in another machine, to see if that happens then.

I would revisit your power requirements to ensure the greater demands of that new card are not pushing your PSU too close, or beyond :( capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom