Vertical line of dead pixels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
A co-worker has an AOC brand monitor hooked up to her laptop for use as a display. Last Friday we had a good storm and our building lost power about 4 times within an hour and she wasn't hooked up to a UPS. Something funky happened to the monitor; It now has a pink vertical line about 3 inches from the right side.

I switched the monitor with mine and it didn't show up so it isn't her laptop. I am now using it on my desktop and it is still there. The computer it came with is no longer in warranty.

I found the driver for the monitor, downloaded it, but not sure how to install it. I right click on the .icm file that came in the zip, and chose install profile but nothing happens. I went to C:>Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color and the .icm file is there, but still I can not open it.

Is a driver going to even fix this or is the monitor just stuck with a this line of dead pixels? Any help would be appreciated, thanks alot.

Since you said it started doing this after power outages, and the monitor wasn't on a UPS, then I'd say the display got hit with a surge and managed to mess up that vertical line there. The monitor is toast.

No problem.

Can try resetting to factory defaults in the monitor menu as a last-try type of thing, but I highly doubt its going to do anything.

Tried that before I posted the thread, didn't fix anything...how lame. Now I am such a nice guy to trade my good monitor with hers.

Thread can be locked or forgotten about, which ever comes first ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom