Vcard Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

xstrangenotesx

Beta member
Alright. So over the last 2 years probably I've been fighting with my video card (ATI radeon 1600x pro) Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I was told that my power supply might be to low which would be fine except it does work every so often. Either I can just plug my monitor into it and it still works or my on board stops working and I can plug into the one I bought and it works fine.

This last time around windows updated and restarted sometime during the night. When I woke up my screen had no signal. I plugged into the ATI card and it came on. Reinstalled the drivers and was off doing what I do. Today I restarted my computer and again, no signal. But now my on board was working. Now under device manager the ATI driver is gone and the Nvidia driver is back.

I guess all in all if it is my power supply (300W) that is causing this that is fine, but why does the ATI card still work sometimes? And why do the drivers come up missing?

You need to go into your BIOS and turn the on board video off. Seems like they're fighting with each other.

You need to go into your BIOS and turn the on board video off. Seems like they're fighting with each other.

Well thank you for the reply. I went to take your advice but failed to see where I turn it off at. What is it I am actually trying to look for in my settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom