various hardware problems (i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikimotel

Beta member
hey guys, this is my first post, so forgive me.

i am currently running windows xp. anyway, the other day out of the blue my printer had errors printing. then, the same day i plugged in my iPod and that wasn't taking me directly to iTunes like it normally does. so then, i plug in my thumbdrive and thats recognized.

i manually reinstalled my printer (which is a brother mfc 8500) under brother mfc 600. now that works but my iPod doesn't. i looked in control panel>system>device manager and there are no devices listed! it is totally blank. i then looked in control panel>portable audio devices and i see mikes iPod drive F. yet it still wont come up in iTunes. it seems all my devices are messed up except the thumbdrive and the printer (only after i manually re-installed it under a false brother model). i know my hardware still works physically i just think its corrupted in someway. I NEED HELP WITH THIS.

try re-installing your ipod...and use ephPod (nifty lil ipod program) to keep from having to format it

should i re-install with my iPod cd (which I think i lost) or this iPod program you say works? what exactly does this program do?

so you all just think its a reinstalling issue? it would kind of make sense because it comes up in control panel>portable audio devices. but if it comes up there why isnt my ipod being shot right to itunes to be updated? where is it going instead?

does it come up in My Computer as a mass storage device? i also would recomend using Ephpod for updating your pod... and not itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom