Using a laptop as a sole monitor for desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennD

Beta member
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times but I couldn't find anything that wasn't outdated.

I have a Alienware Aurora R3 Desktop that I bought a couple months ago, I use it for moderate gaming but I didn't realize how massive this desktop would be. I find trouble fitting it into a regular computer desk. I have a Dell Inspiron 17" laptop that has an HD display, I would like to put my desktop next to my couch this way I can connect it to my laptop and just use my laptop for the monitor and keyboard, giving me the freedom of a laptop with the power of a desktop. Is this possible?

I'm gonna make a few calls because you never know, but as far as I know that is not possible.

That's what I thought :\ I appreciate you making calls! If I could find a way it would be extremely helpful. Not sure why they haven't invented a mainstream way to do this yet, the convenience of a laptop with the power of a desktop seems ingenious.

Everyone at the shop says no :( Well, my cousin said if it was a junk laptop there is a way to wire the screen into a vga cable but that wont serve you. I would suggest looking into a smaller screen and a compact keyboard with built in touchpad. thats as close as your gonna get I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom