Using an ISA card on a PCI motherboard. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristan888

Beta member
Hi all,

I have an Ensoniq Soundscape Vivo90 soundcard that I want to use in my PC. This soundcard though is designed for the old ISA slot. My motherboard only has PCI slots. Is it possible to purchase some sort of ISA to PCI adapter that will allow me to plug this ISA card into one of the PCI slots on the motherboard?

Thanks,
Tristan

By the time you find a daughterboard or some other solution, you could by a used PCI sound card for half the price....

I don't know how old that card is but finding good drivers forXP could be a real PIA.

I did some brief searches on Google & Newegg, and wasn't able to find any sort of ISA to PCI adaptors.... You might have to either look into getting a new sound card, or a different motherboard with an ISA slot.

Yea,, if the card is that old, it is not worth using.,,,, Might as well find a socket adapter to use a pentium mmx pro on a socket 939 board lol

Ain't gonna happen unless you build an old P2 system and then Run Windows 98SE and then you might never find the drivers for that dinosaur! I'm a keyboard musician with a project studio and trust me....that sound card ain't worth didly squat in my book! Those Legacy Cards are good for wall paper converstion pieces though!! i.e., nail it to the wall so people can see what extinct hardare actually looks like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom