USB's not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ28-2k6

Baseband Member
Alright so I built my computer back in September and everything has been fine with it. Well recently I decided to upgrade to a controller. Well when I plug the controller in, it attempts to download the USB drivers, but then says that there was a problem. I try installing the drivers manually, but that still doesn't work. I thought maybe it was the controller, so I went ahead and ordered another one. Same problem. Now I have tested all my USB ports with other stuff such as flash drives, and my mouse, and those work just fine. I would really like to get this problem solved, but am completely lost as to what to do next. Also please let me know what questions you have. PLEASE HELP!

Windows 7
Motherboard is - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

The controller isn't working? Does it come with its own software? Tell Windows to stop installing crap, and install with the drivers meant for that device.

Yes they both come with thier own software, so just so i understand correctly.
1. Unistall the Drivers
2. Turn off Automatic windows installation (how do i do this?)
3. Reinstall drivers
Is this correct, or is there another step i should try?

Try updating the drivers for it by the driver cd or online for that controller. Check device manager, too. See if you see anything not installed.

So I am plugging the controller in and watching device manager at the same time, but nothing is happening. I am really lost on what I need to do. Even if its a step by step walkthrough I would greatly appreciate it.

Try these suggestion.

- Have your controller unplugged
- Put the install cd in and run the installation
- Plug the controller in when it ask you too (Not sure if this applies to you or not)
- Continue with the installation until finished

If that doesn't work.
- Shut down your computer
- Plug in your controller
- Turn on computer, then see if it finds any new hardware when it starts up.

What kind of controller did you purchase?

I have two of them. I have the official FFXIV one from snakebyte, and I have a logitech F310.

For the f310, try changing the input mode on the back of the controller.

• XInput (X)
  • DirectInput (D)

I don't really know how to fix it, but I'm pretty sure it's your software/driver issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom