alright so you can close the thread, problem solved however a new issue appeared but i guess thats something im going to have to deal with.
so i don't know what made me take a closer look at the connection from the case usb/firewire connections to my motherboard but i did. i realized that the usb connection didn't have a 5th prong which i was use to seeing on other cases (don't know if this was the problem or not but i disconnected anyway), however the female connector from the case was oriented correctly to the male prongs on the motherboard. anyways i disconnected the fire and usb connections and everything works fine now. just 2 usb ports down now :/ and so i gotta figure out how to get them working again.