USB2.0-CRW and Ethernet Controller

Scyft

Solid State Member
Hello when I go under my devices -> hardware it shows USB2.0-CRW and Ethernet Controller with yellow exclamation points. I was wondering if anyone can help me get these drivers please...

I was also wondering if the USB2.0-CRW could be the problem as to why only two of my USB ports work on the left side of my laptop and when I plug in a usb to the ports on the right side of my laptop the computer shuts off?

Let me know what info you need :)
Thanks!

The USB2.0-CRW is usually an SD card reader.

Easiest way to do this would be to go to your laptop manufacturer's website, and you can download the drivers for your phone from there.

You could also, while in device manager, right click the devices > Properties > Details tab > under Property, select Hardware Ids > Should get something with lines like:
VEN_####&DEV_####

Post those values here for both the ethernet and card reader.

Sorry for the late response

for hardware id for USB:

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0139&REV_3960
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0139

and the ethernet:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_16D51043&REV_06
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_16D51043
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200

Last edited:
Here's for ethernet:
Realtek

As for the card reader, you'll need to go to the manufacturer's website to get the correct one. What's the brand/model of your computer?

Also do you think the fact that i don't have the 2.0-crw installed that its causing when i plug in USBs to the right side of laptop to shuts it down?

Also, now instead of saying Ethernet Controller it says "Unknown Device". :(

What OS are you running?

If the ports on one side are causing the system to shut down, I'd say that's because they're shorting something out rather than a driver issue.

Does it instantly lose power as soon as you plug something into them?

windows 7

And when i plug the USB in the computer instantly shuts off.
I bought the laptop refurbished, never had a problem with the USB ports until i did a factory setting restore and had to manually reinstall every driver.

I just assumed the problem with the USB ports on the right side because of the USB2.0 driver :/

Back
Top Bottom