USB says port not 2.0, so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleSlo

Baseband Member
I am running XP pro Intel Pentium CPU 2.6Hz 2.67 GHz 2 GB Ram with usb ports in front and when I plug my I phone in says this port is not 2.0
it does show charging thou

so is there a way to check whether these 2 usb ports in front is 2.0

turtle

If you plug in a USB2.0 device and it runs slowly, the port isn't 2.0. Windows should pop up saying "This Device can perform faster...blah blah blah...if you insert it into a USB2.0 port" or something like that. If that message comes up, it means the port isn't USB2.0. It should still work, just slowly. For your Pentium (P4 maybe?) board, you probably have USB2.0, but if the front ports are on a different controller or through a hub, it could be reduced to 1.1.

ok, I did get that message saying plug into faster port,
BUT This is a added item that has all card readers and 2 usb ports that was listed on the box as 2.0 plus 8 card reader.

is there a way to find out on the Computer properties or device manger that says any info about this device on the front, there is 4 usb ports off the mother board (on back) and wall is being used,

turtle

When you get the error message does it say there are USB 2.0 ports you can use? It should say the hub's in Bold are usb 2.0 or something like that. What is the Make and Model number of the Motherboard.

yes it did say there is more ports that have faster device, when I clicked on that it showed a USb Root, hub 8 ports device,

Can I display that jpeg on here?

so there is other 2.0 but where??

turtle

same message, not really a error message just a notice saying there is a 8 port hub device that is faster,

so there si no way to find those devices on what there speed is??

Turtle

Have you installed your chipset drivers? Try all of the ports on the back they are not necessarily on the same hub.

chipset drivers? which is, ? I had this PC built by a class project, and that was over a year ago, not to PC hardware savvy!!

turtle

Go to your device manager (control panel>system>hardware>device manager) and expand the Universal Serial Bus and see if any of them say something like Enhanced or USB2 or something. Take a screenshot if you're unsure. If it says Enhanced then you have USB2.0.

The chipset drivers are also known as the system drivers or motherboard drives. They basically need to be installed before all other component drivers because the PCI bus runs through the chipset.

You should be able to find them on your motherboard manufacturer's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom