USB Problems Biostar A880GZ Motherboard

yes. i tried using only the back USBs and got the same messages. i installed everything from the disc that came with the motherboard, as well as the USB drivers from the website. i will try the jumpers next

i double checked that the chipset drivers were installed, and they were.

so i should move the jumpers from 1-2 to 2-3 for each of the 3 locations on the board? i will try that and get back to you, thanks.

well, so far so good. (though every time i say that ive been proven wrong almost immediately after). ill play around on the external hard drive to check, but about all i can do now is wait. it went almost 24hrs yesterday without an incident but had a problem this morning, so i wont jump the gun. hopefully this is the one. ill update if it didnt work, or if its still working tomorrow night. thanks

no luck. still the same issue. i dont know if its relevant, but my internet speeds are noticeably lower on my desktop than my laptop. desktop is getting 3Mbps Down while the laptop in the same spot is getting 11.5Mbps Down. im wondering if this has anything to do with the USB issue.

i also tried the adapter in the laptop and got 12.5Mbps Down. this is very confusing :(

OK .. buy a better MotherBoard ..
That is it .. I hate Biostar . It always have issues .. some cannot run higher than 533 fsb CPUs .. some has weak USB ..
If you can't .. buy a USB PCI card .. !

In your case .. there are problems with your USB .. later your board's USBs will stop working at all .. then your board will halt ... that comes because a bad soldering of the Chipsets .. I've noticed that in Biostar & Foxconn .. they don't care .. they sell only :)

I have the exact same motherboard and the exact same issue.
Win7 x64 Pro
Biostar A880gz
AMD 8-core FX 8120
8gb DDR3 Gskill Ripjaw
HIS Radeon HD7970
Logitech G19
Logitech G13
Mionix Naos
Razer Megalodon
Netgear N300 (WNA3100)

USB randomly fails and all devices refuse to work. Beyond that, my boot locks up if I have my mouse plugged in--it has onboard memory, which the computer then tries to boot from. I can't even get past the boot logo splash--the speaker just makes an endless, shrill beep that makes me long for death.

I have to unplug my mouse anytime I reboot, but once I get to Windows, I can plug it back in and all things run fine. All my games and programs run amazing, but when the computer employs any method of power save mode (monitor off [as I shut off sleep/hibernate]) it's anyone's guess if the USB ports will remain active. I've shut off all power saving modes for the USB ports, flashed bios, tweaked bios, switched jumpers, had a priest bless it, and now I'm checking the internet.

It's good to know someone else is having this issue, as that can be an indicator if we have a reason to turn to the vendor and let them know there may be a series of bad boards. Though, admittedly, I dread the thought of replacing the MoBo off of a fresh build (even with Win7's Out-Of-Box Experience tool).

If there are others with this issue, I'm betting it's a set of poorly soldered boards. We might be out of luck and have to cry warranty to Biostar and see if they can't help us out.

im sorry to say i have not solved this yet. ive come to the conclusion that its the motherboard and Biostar has not returned any of my support emails. i guess i will see how their call support is next

Back
Top Bottom