usb ports problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

artyman

Baseband Member
I have a pc with 9 usb ports in the back there are 5 which are all taken up. There are 2 at the front and 2 on the side of the monitor.
All at the back are taken by my mouse,keyboard,printer,modem and monitor. (I think the monitor is there for the ports on the monitor) In the monitor I have an external hard drive.
I have a joypad, but when I plug in to either of the 2 ports at the front or the other one oon the monitor, on certain games the graphics will be very jerky. I have swapped them about at the back and the pad will work ok.
However I recently had to reinstall windows and I placed the usb devices back as I had them, but now the problem is back with the pad.
My question is, how can I correct this? or, if I buy a usb pci card and install it will this solve the problem.
I obviously have a conflict somewhere, but I dont get a report of any in windows.

Thankyou

The monitor is probably a USB 1.1 (lower speed) hub.

If it's in your budget range, I recommend picking up a USB PCI card, or a USB 2.0 hub to make everything more smooth.

All at the back are taken by my mouse,keyboard,printer,modem and monitor. (I think the monitor is there for the ports on the monitor)
essentialy he could unplug his monitor from the USB and use the port strait off his Comp instead.
----------------------

Read my last post at the bottom of this thread, it has parts that can pertain to yoru issue:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125817&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

irq referince link:
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

and also, though it may not be causeing you any issue... just to avoid any: in device manager -->/start/run "devmgmt.msc" ....expand (universal serial bus contollers) and right click all the (root hubs) and in the /properties/power managment tab.... turn off "allow comp to turn this device off to save power" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom