USB ports not working, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockerty33

Beta member
Hey guys, i have been using this MOBO (A8V-E Deluxe) for about 3 mounths, i have been running on the 2 usb ports on the front of my case which i plugged into the mobo when i got it. Now i want to use my back ones (4 ports) and they dont work..., i reformated yesterday and they still wont work. i am using windows xp home editon SP1. Is there anything i can do?

Thanks in advance, Ty

Go into the bios and make sure that the on-baord usb configuation is enabled. Sounds like the bios is not properly set up. When you go into the device manager and look at the reported USB bus do you see any exclamation points?? If they are not properly instaled you will need to brouse your mobo installation CD and find the USB hub drivers.

i checked in my bios and everything was enabled, under my devices nothing has a mark on it, its like evrythign is fine....here is pic
untitled.jpg

Wow! I would try this. Remove the front port connectors to the mobo. Play close attention to the wiring protocol so you can reconnect the front USB ports. Do the rear ports now funciton?

i unplugged my front ones and now my back ones have ! on them in the device manager, where do i go from here?

Okay...now you need to update the USB dirvers form your Mobo installatin CD. The USB bridge needs the drivers installed. insert the Mobo installation cd rom (if you don't have it, download it from the manufacturers website) and then right click on the ! device in the device manager. HIt the update driver tab when promted and then select install form cd etc. when promted. System32 and the registry will then be updated and the uSB bridge should then work. Then I would try to install the front side USB bus once the rear is functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom