USB ports Cause Computer Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate_bob7

Baseband Member
hey guys, having some trouble with my new computer has a K8 Combo Z motherboard. The problem that I am having, is that whenever i plug in a USB device (front or back ports) the computer crashes to the blue screen of death, reboots itself and then is able to read/use the USB device. Every single time, even if it has been previously plugged in. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Ensure your drivers are up-to-date. Uninstall the USB driver, restart the computer, then plug in a new USB device.

Sounds like a driver conflict or an IRQ conflict.

The USB drivers are most likely combined in the chipset driver package.

hey guys, having some trouble with my new computer has a K8 Combo Z motherboard. The problem that I am having, is that whenever i plug in a USB device (front or back ports) the computer crashes to the blue screen of death, reboots itself and then is able to read/use the USB device. Every single time, even if it has been previously plugged in. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!
I had a similar problem also, I would make sure the usb port wires are still securely plugged into your motherboard (because I was installing a HDD, and bumped mine, and took me forever until I seen the wires was barely in!!! :( Also go into your bios, and make sure the usb ports are either set to full-speed or high-speed. And also make sure the usb device that you're trying to plug in, is compatible with your OS, but I'm not really thinking thats your problem, and of course make sure you have the latest bios, and windows updates. Hope I helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom