USB ports....?

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So.. my PC is all of a sudden... causing me problems... When i plugged my iPhone into it... it ruined my iPhone... i can not charge it, or yeah.. pc will not pick up the phone at all... so i am having to get it replaced... for a 3rd time...

I just plugged an mp3 player into it... and noticed that didn't work either.... went to un-plug it.. and the usb cable was HOT!. and it was only plugged in for about 20 seconds... if that.... Can anyone help me... What is wrong with my PC?

Your USB port(s) are shorted out. Something that you plugged into it(them) at one time did it. That I know of, there is no update that will fix that issue... I would get a PCI usb card and try that until I could get a new board. (If even that works)

This is also assuming that you have tried the front USB ports, as well as the back, and all of them don't work. Either way I would get a new board.

I had a problem where one of my USB ports got shorted out or something. When I plugged anything into it, I'd get an error message saying something like "A USB port has quit working with an error code of 4". Luckily, it was only one port and not the four that were sharing the same motherboard connector.
Buying a PCI usb card would be an easy temporary fix.
If all the usb ports are messed up, that's bad. I would get a new board.
You might want to buy one of those plastic anti-static floor mats to help prevent that from happening again.

Back
Top Bottom