USB Port Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom118

Daemon Poster
I have an Asus p5p800 SE Mb and i am having trouble with the usb ports. They are plugged in correctly and the jumpers on the Board are set according to the manual. There is absoulaty no power in the usb ports.. i plugged in my joystick and jumpdrive and nothing happens... no lights on the joystick come on.. and the jump drive dosent load up... i just installed the board... does anyone have any idea what the problem could be???

Re:

Hello,

Have you installed your chipset drivers for you new motherboard? Your motherboard should come supplied with a CD containing drivers for components on your motherboard.

Check to see if drivers have been installed for your USB ports at Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager...

If you don't have a driver CD and drivers aren't installed, you can download them at ASUSTeK's website:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Type P5P800 SE in top-left search box.

Yes i have installed the chipset drivers... im going to try reinstalling them now.... it says all the USB Controller and hubs have been installed correctly... and there are no yellow question marks

Re:

Hello,

...is happening with your USB front header (if you have one...) or just the USB ports on the I/O at the back of your PC, or both...?

Re:

Hello,

...have you tried checking settings in your BIOS...?

USB ports may be disabled...

i just got a message that the usb device has exieeded its power limits... im goin to fix the jumper and check the bois

i have updated the chipset driver with the asus update ulituility.. and now all the usb controller and hub's are showing up as yellow question marks... im goin to put the jumpers back to default... i do have enought power.. i have a 500W PS and cannot see how the usb ports are exceeding their limits

i fixed the jumpers now and there are no more yellow question marks ... however the usb ports still do not work?? anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom