Usb plugin causing pc shutdown...really disturbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
i was playing madden and then my bro plugged his iphone into the pc to charge it. My pc crashes and reboots...really wierd.
i was on tf and i plugged in my phones cable and my monitor shuts off, i had to reboot it.

othertimes when my montitor goes to sleep, i cant wake it up. I have to unplug my psu and plug it back to make it turn on and it ends up resetting my bios.

this is very wierd and disturbing.
any clues?

Well if your using windows XP you need to go into power settings and turn off hibernation.
That has always been problematic.
And Is this a home made computer. If so you may have the front usb hooked up wrong. Unless this is a new problem.

Well if your using windows XP you need to go into power settings and turn off hibernation.
That has always been problematic.
And Is this a home made computer. If so you may have the front usb hooked up wrong. Unless this is a new problem.

I have vista and i built this pc my self. I dont think its plugged into the wrong port cos they work sometimes and sometimes it shuts it off.
I thought the hibernation problem was fixed with vista.

And when my pc goes to sleep, everything is still running but the monitor is asleep.
Ill look over the power settings and try switching the usb port since they are like 4 on my mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom