USB or motherboard ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseph85308

Beta member
Hello people,

I am a new user to this site and maybe someone can solve this nitemare that I have been having for 2 weeks...I have a gateway gt 5228 2gb amd 2.2 4200 and one night i connected my ipod and non of my usbs work ..my mouse suddenly disconnected itself and now the front of my pc is a graveyard..the media reader/usb/firewire doesnt work and the rear usb as well...I bought a pci usb and guess what it works like a charm ..before i go nutss can anyone help me..I even bought the restore disk from gateway thinking it was the drivers and no luck there....its nice to have a media reader and the ports...here is question #1 Is there a way to test the motherboard if its working....i can plug something in and it will charge my cell and ipod but will not read..I also run xp sorry ...

I really thank anyones expertise...

uh... so does your mouse and ipod work when you plug into the hub? very unlikely a voltage spike damaged your usb devices but try plugging in other usb devices to see if they work or not. take a usb flash drive for an example

Thanks for responding..when I plug my ipod or cell phone it does charge it but my computer running xp doesnt even recognize it...i checked the bios setting and made sure it was enabled..the i/o port infront of my pc has 2 fire wire ports ...doesnt work...2 usb ports doesnt work...the media reader has 8 ports and 1 usb and doesnt work either...

But using a pci usb card worked like a charm ..i really doubt the media reader and i/o went dead but i have to believe in everything...

I would appreciate any assistance !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom