>> USB Memory Stick doesn't appear in My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

medwardz

Beta member
Hi, I have an Attache 128mb USB memroystick. Recently, I did a windows repair, and since then, the memorystick has failed to be detected in My Computer (it worked fine before).

It works fine on other PCs. I have updated my motherboard drivers. It is detected in device manager, disk management, etc, just doens't show up in My Computer as a device with removeable storage, so I can't access the files.

Here is a screenshot that shows the Computer Management and Safely Remove Hardware screens, just incase its useful.

Any ideas much appreciated, thanks.

Tried that. The letter (F) is assigned, it still doesn't show up in my comp. I restart, still doesnt appear, look back at disk management, letter has gone.

I've had this problem before but slightly different. I had to transfer some files to another computer that was running Windows ME. The problem I encountered was the file system created on the USB drive was NTFS, and that file system is not readable under Windows ME. Could that USB drive have been used with an earlier version of Windows? Just guessing here, but XP should find it and prompt to reformat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom