USB Mass Storage Device not recognized on XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor16

Beta member
I recently purchased a new computer, and figured it'd be smart to buy a USB Drive to transport files from the old one to the new one. I loaded the files I needed from the old computer onto the drive and plugged it into the new computer. Unfortunately, on the new computer (which is using the same OS as the old computer) the flash drive is apparently not recognized. I've tried plugging it into each of the 8 USB ports, but no luck. Windows just does not detect it.

The flash drive is a Kingston 2GB Data Traveler I.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried looking for and installing your chipset drivers? That should update your USB devices.

Yes. It is drivers for your motherboard.

Google for and download CPUz. That will tell you the make and model of the motherboard. From there we can google that to find you the chipset drivers.

Unless it is a prebuilt machine. In that case just go to the manufacturer's website and they should be there available for download.

Oh, the board is an Asus Maximus Extreme. I just don't know where I can find the drivers.

Its okay. Some of the Manufacturer sties are tough to navigate. I just know how after many years of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom