USB Mass Storage Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolution

Solid State Member
Hey....
I purchased a USB external hard disk...which actually had a separate case and a Toshiba harddisk...
now my problem is when i plug it into my desktop computer it recognises as an unrecognised device...and when i check the properties it say drivers notinstalled....im using a P4 3.3 with an ASRock motherboard. But when i pulg it into my laptop it recognises an a normal harddisk.....Please help...the main reason i bought it was because i needed to backup my laptop....

Thanks..:(

Did the drive come with drivers?

and is ur computer running USB 2.0? (%90 sure it would be.)

well im using Win XP Pro and it did come with drivers but the drivers come only for WIN 98, Win ME and Older.....when i check the properties of the device (know as unknown device in the device manage) it says device drivers not installed....

connect to the internet. go to the device driver properties and click update driver. allow the computer to search for the driver automatically. it should try connecting to windows update after a while and searching for a driver there. perhaps download something like the driver-guide toolkit from driver-guide.com and see if that can help. search for drivers for the hdd on the net including the words "windows xp"

Well i did the update and now it says it cannot find a better match for the driver....and the properties have changed when i removed and put it bak...now it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom