USB Keyboard Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr1963

Beta member
I have a Dell Dimension 5150. It comes up with a keyboard error. It does not have PS/2 ports, only USB. I have tried other keyboards and same issue. Even with no keyboard plugged in same thing. The Dell splash screen comes up, but I cannot hit any keys as the keyboard is dead. The error says: Keyboard Failure Next Line: Floppy Diskette seek failure. Then says hit F1 or F2. Obviously I can't do this since the keyboard is dead. I have tried a few different keyboards and same thing. I plugged my flash drive in and no power light on drive. Does anyone know how to get around this issue? I have a feeling the mobo is bad or the drivers/BIOS are gone. How can I restore them when it keeps errorring out? Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

well the bios is there, but the USB may be dead or not enabled....i assume you've tried different usb ports? Try clearing the CMOS by either finding the clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard, or taking out the "watch" looking battery on the motherboard for 10 minutes or so and pressing the power button while it's out.

have you tried different usb ports?

namely your front panel usb ports.

You may need to install a usp expansion card if your motherboard usb ports have gone out.

Thanks for the input. I tried clearing and nothing, still keyboard failure. And yeah, it is all the ports including the front. I guess the next step is a USB card. I will post after I give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom