USB Keyboard at bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
How do I enable my USB keyboard to be used during the BIOS screen, because I can not seem to find the area to enable it, and I have now true encrypted my hdd so I need to enter a secondary password before I can get to the boot screen of windows

Hook up a PS/2 keyboard, and enable USB use in the BIOS. Its in different places in different BIOS's.

Yea, fortunately, it is not complex at all... either your BIOS supports it with a jump to the right area like carnageX just stated, or perhaps a BIOS upgrade to get the functionality. Other than that, there is nothing special about it... it either supports it during POST or it doesn't

Good point, Dr. IP. May need to look into a BIOS update. Check your motherboard's updates page, and see if that functionality is given in any release after your current one.

A USB to PS2 adapter will work just fine. Many USB keyboards come with one. You never know you might have one sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Well there was an option for USB Legacy Support, however I turned it to enabled and yet it seemed to do nothing, and if I get a new BIOS update, I have never had the pleasure of upgrading/flashing my BIOS so I would probably need some help on that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom