USB Headset makes crackling sounds - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default USB Headset makes crackling sounds

I just got my second HP a6863w. I've had only had this one for about 3 days. The problem that i'm getting is that when ever sound comes out of my USB plantronics headset i get a crackling/static noise. When I switch the sound to come out my speakers (uses the 3.5mm spot) there is no crackling issue at all. I don't think its my headset because i have 2 USB headsets and they both get the same problem. I've tried all the usb ports on my PC. I have also tried both headsets on my brothers computer and they work fine.

The First HP a6863w got this same problem within 10 days. So i returned that one thinking it was a mobo problem. Now that the second one does it i'm not sure what it is.

Has anyone seen or know of a fix for this.

More info (Not sure if this helps):
-I have placed a new video card before this happened (PNY GeForce GTS 250 1gig)
PNY - NVIDIA GeForce XLR8 GTS 250 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card - VCGGTS2501X

-I have placed a new Power Supply before this issue had happened.
Rocketfish™ - 550-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply - RF-550WPS

Thanks for taking the time to help.

My Specs:
AMD Phenom X4 9150e / 1.8 GHz
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
7 GB DDR2 Ram
750GB HD
PNY GeForce GTS 250 1gig
Rocketfish PSU 550w

Old 10-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: USB Headset makes crackling sounds

And I got it fixed...SO far.

So as soon as i posted here i went over to HP's website to talk to tech. I find out they have Support Forums. I did a search and found out that someone with the same problem on a HP laptop. He mention that he updated his bios and it worked.

So I did the same and i can say it works again.
Closed Thread