USB and Ethernet connections stopped working overnight - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: USB and Ethernet connections stopped working overnight

You need to download the Network, Audio, USB3, JMicron SATA, etc.., drivers from Asus. The chipset driver just updates the Intel chipset and the Intel SATA controller not the other onboard components.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

You're back Slaymate?!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymate View Post
You need to download the Network, Audio, USB3, JMicron SATA, etc.., drivers from Asus. The chipset driver just updates the Intel chipset and the Intel SATA controller not the other onboard components.
I did all of that actually. It behaved as if I didn't change anything, the errors were still there in device manager I am going with a clean windows install
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaJoe View Post
I did all of that actually. It behaved as if I didn't change anything, the errors were still there in device manager I am going with a clean windows install
Might be the best option at this point. If trying to remove the drivers from device manager, and reinstalling them didn't work, that's about the only option you have left (may be the quickest, too). Sorry bro, wish we coulda helped more.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Might be the best option at this point. If trying to remove the drivers from device manager, and reinstalling them didn't work, that's about the only option you have left (may be the quickest, too). Sorry bro, wish we coulda helped more.
Unfortunately I agree.