USB drive not working properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hi,
i was using my pen drive and i thought of restarting my desktop Hp, then when booting the pc system checked in the USB pen drive for errors! Now when i removed the pen drive and again inserted into the USB port, it never worked! I checked in for another USB ports, it were working correctly! So at that moment i checked in the hardware device manager, after removing hardware from the system USB pen drive, there was a yellow exclamation in the USB mass storage category! So i uninstalled the drivers and again let the reinstallation after restarting, but the specific faulty USB port is still not working! So i even removed the wire connection (of the USB hardware) and again reconnected, perhaps i thought the system might acquire it as a new installation hardware! But no, its not working. Any solutions in correcting it?

---------------
eric

What do you mean by updated chipset drivers?

I had a check in the site of my pen drive, in H&S there is a downloadable win98 USB drivers! Isn't there any site which give standard USB drivers for OS like windows XP, 2000, vista!!???

-----------
eric

Updated chipset drivers for XP and Vista are the ones that contain the USB Drivers. So i state again go to the manufacturer's site and get updated chipset drivers.

I doubt this method, can you tell me something easier?, I don't think the USB port is not working properly. Might be that the system is not accessing it!

---------------
eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom