USB device problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gospel

In Runtime
I am connecting a USB device on one of my pcs. When I link it up I get the normal little bing that you normally get when linking a USB device and it is showing up in the device tree under device manager. However it will not show up under My Computer so I can access it. I'm thinking this could be a USB driver issue, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. I connect it to my new pc (same OS) and it is listed under My Computer and I can access it.

I never used one of those, but maybe your not sapost to beable to access it untill you install Drivers that may have come with it?

Or simply try plugging it into a different usb port.

Or if none of that applys or doesnt work... you can try this...

go to /start/run/ type 'cmd' hit Enter
type 'Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1' hit Enter
type 'Devmgmt.msc' hit Enter
then once Devmgmt opens (aka device manager), go to "/view/Show hidden Devices"
then right click and uninstall all instancess of the mini-dvr. (note- Dont mess around with most of those hidden devices, there hidden fora reason)

then reboot and plug the mini-dvr back into the usb port and see if it works that time.

where is the USB you are using? is it a seperate USB PCI card? is it directly on the motherboard? is it the front USB plugs on the computer?

talldude123 said:
where is the USB you are using? is it a seperate USB PCI card? is it directly on the motherboard? is it the front USB plugs on the computer?

Front USB plugs.

I didn't install any drivers in the pc that it is working in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom