USB Device Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
As the title says i am getting the "USB Device Not Recognized" error with my iPod 40gig.

It started about almost half a year ago and i trolled through countless forums and help topics and eventually gave up. Today i made it my quest to get my "beloved" iPod working again :happy:

I have tried countless methods of repairing from Re-Installing USB drivers to putting the iPod in diskmode? (if that's the correct term)

I have also tried the hammer :laughing:

If anyone could help me with this i would be great full since I'm just about ready to get it repaired and since i can't find the warranty :eek:

When i enter Device Manager it shows "Uknowen Device" which is my iPod.

When i connect a USB stick it detects ASAP but my iPod just errors.

When i try to update drivers it can't find any

does the ipod have a sad face or anything?... go to apples website and then look at there troubleshooting guide they will help. if they don't help i will assist you with this problem.

No a sad face does not come up.

When i plug my iPod in it needs to do an "iPod is low on battery" emergency charge. Then after that i goes to normal display but does not show that it is charging, just a really really low battery.

I have trolled through apple help and it didn't give me any good suggestions besides getting it repaired

I am no expert on iPods but it sounds like the battery has died on you.

Can anyone send me a photo or link on how to dismantle my iPod.

I heard someone talking about their battery just needing to be taken out and then put back in.

anyone finds please post

OPENING RIGHT NOW ><

PLOX WORK :p

EDIT: Well it worked when i put it back together but the problem still persists, probably take it to apple store and just pay the $528958782768962798 billion dollars there gonna charge me for something like a loose connection (+the $70 inspection fee of course)

hmmmm, don't you have a warrenty for it? I have a for the Zune so you should have one for IPOD? There should be lots of sites out there telling you how to take apart a IPOD and trouble shooting it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom