USB Can Fun Faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveasorus

Baseband Member
I reformated a while ago and I just my my itunes working now, and when syncing i get this message Any help is appreciated MSI 945P Neo3 is my motherboard

Attachments

• usb.JPG
    usb.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 21
  • usb2.JPG
    usb2.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 21
Ah, what computer you have? must be very old one!! as I remember, 82801 South Bridge use to come with Intel 815 chipset. means, Pentium III Arena.

and it will be with USB 1.1, so there is so far NO way that you can have USB 2.0 in this motherboard. a possible solution is, that you buy a PCI USB card, it may will accommodate USB 2.0 interface.

This has never happned after before. Only after I reformated. EDIT:::: motherboard manual says i have 2.0 USB ports

well, this I have to specially open the chipset diagram and get it out of that:

Intel's Quoted: "Two USB controllers double the bandwidth to 24Mbps across four ports, representing a significant increase over integrated 1-4 port hubs at 12Mbps"

USB 1.1 = 12Mbps
USB 2 = 480Mbps

this board is with USB 1.1. have you used same operating system?

USB 2.0 started coming from Intel 845 series, which were made for P-IV

No, same OS, its not my motherboard, I have not had this problem before, manual says USB 2.0 ports.

this looks impossible, are you sure the manual is of same motherboard? as USB 2.0 wasn't even invented in era of P-3 class processors. I had to go through all Intel Chipset design references just to see I am not wrong, and they tell the same story.

tell me what motherboard make it is? and I hope they have somehow (looks impossible) upgraded the USB. and also, you sure its saying USB 2.0 and not USB 2 (means, 2 USB ports)

mobo manual says "4 USB 2.0 ports" an MSI 945 Neo3 is the motherboard (MSI-Microstar International)

Yes it is, i have fix this problem too, it was a BIOS setting, thats alll thanks for your help Blind_Arrow

ah right, you are welcome, Intel's website isn't showing 945PL specifications, which I have already sent them mail to correct as well.

however, why you need to tweak BIOS, if you needed to Re-install O/S only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom