usb camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcorn

Solid State Member
i have a web camera thats on my sisters computer, and i want to use it on my own computer, i don't have drivers for it.

so i checked what drivers she had, i went to control panel - system - device manager - usb webcam - drivers- properties - driver details

it had about 20 or so listed there... so i grabed them all by checking the path.

im wondering if i stick those drivers in the same path on my computer will it work

system = xp home on both pc's

also is there an easy way of finding what drivers i need? she's lost the cd.

Your best bet is to see the brand, then go to the manufacturers website and see if the drivers are avalible there.

Hope this helps.

if not download the driverguide toolkit and it should be able to show you all non-microsoft drivers which you can then backup. don't worry about putting them in the same directory, that won't work because windows won't link the hardware to the driver. plug the camera in and when windows searchs for the drivers point to the driver files.

all it says on the camera is "nvc digital"

on her computer in device manager it comes up as "pc camera (6009 CIF)"

nitestick said:
if not download the driverguide toolkit and it should be able to show you all non-microsoft drivers which you can then backup. don't worry about putting them in the same directory, that won't work because windows won't link the hardware to the driver. plug the camera in and when windows searchs for the drivers point to the driver files.

tried that it didnt seem to like them ( i tried it off a usb disk, do i have to burn them or stick em on my HD?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom