USB 2.0 problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default USB 2.0 problem

Good day to ya'll. I will admit that I know just enough about the operations of a computer to really screw thiings up. Sorry, but I really am trying to learn this stuff.

I have recently been connecting an MP3 player to my computer. It's working fine, but each time I plug it in (regardlers of which USB port I use) I get a pop-up window that says something to the effect of "This device can operate at much faster speeds if you made use of a USB 2.0 High Speed Connector. Click here to find out how to improve your performance." When I click on it, I get a window that states no USB 2.0 host controller is connected.

This is a new computer with an ASUS A8N-E motherboard that supports ten USB 2.0 ports. I checked the BIOS and all of the settings are as directed by the user's guide, What am I not understanding here? Are not all USB 2.0 ports 'High-Speed'? Please advise. Thanks.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Well,probably you have to install the USB2 controller driver.You can find it in the motherboard's CD.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

johnyB_24, I had it installed, but I guess it wasn't a clean install. I reinstalled it and everything is fine now. Thanks
Closed Thread