USB 2.0 Hi Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

toysoulja

Beta member
I just bought a Sabrent USB 2.0 VIA 4+1 Ports PCI Card. I put in the PCI card and it had an error when it tried to install the hardware and the driver it came with on a CD. So I figured it might be because my computer doesn't support hi-speed usb yet because I need to get the proper driver. It seemed as if the CD the card came with could install it for me but it says "Please update to windows xp service pack 1." Apparently I don't have service pack one so I'm going straight for service pack two. Currently the USB ports DO work but it says whenever I connect something to it "Hi speed device plugged into non-hi speed bla bla". Perhaps my card actually ISN'T high speed on all of the ports, I really can't tell because the packaging was really cheap and doesn't state that all of the ports are high speed. Anyway any help is cool and I really appreciate it!!

TOY SOULJA!

google can go along way, and it is a hi speed usb card, If you have windows xp service pack 2 then it should already have the usb 2.0 drivers, so not sure why its saying its not

you need to get all the windows updates. not just select ones... bypassing SP1 will cause certain fixes (prior to SP2) not to get fixed...go to windows update and let it get all the needed patches. then try to install the card again.

Nukem is right you'll need to download everything from Windows Update site. I think the driver disc you got has stuff only for Windows 2000 and 9x. Windows XP SP2 will have drivers for it already.

I think I actually bought a Sabrent usb 2.0 card a couple years ago for my old pc. Worked just fine and all ports were high speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom