(URGENT) SyncMaster p2450 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

corei5

Baseband Member
hello, Ive been trying to fix my monitor since this morning and after work but I don't really know the problem. The monitor is properly running apart its showing anything but after a second the monitor will turn to black its keeps happening over and over again. Has anyone encountered this kind of problem with their monitor?

I tried another monitor and it was working so its not the GPU. I also tried another cable, switching GPU cable plug and all that but no luck.

Please help its really urgent.

Is your computer in sleep mode by chance, also what os are you currently using so we can get a view of whats going on and help you out ?

Does the monitor power off, or is the monitor LED still green like its on?

It could be the inverter, backlight, or actual LCD display going out. If it acts like it turns off, it could be the power supply in it going out. Either way, since you said you tested with another monitor and it worked fine... I'd say either send it in for warranty if it's still in the warranty period, or just get a new one.

If you look very closely at the monitor when the computer is on, can you see a very faint image?
If so it might be the inverter or backlight.

I had a monitor that had the backlight die on me, the monitor would work normal for maybe a few seconds when I turn on but the screen would than go black. However when I looked very closely, I still could see a very faint image.

If you look very closely at the monitor when the computer is on, can you see a very faint image?
If so it might be the inverter or backlight.

I had a monitor that had the backlight die on me, the monitor would work normal for maybe a few seconds when I turn on but the screen would than go black. However when I looked very closely, I still could see a very faint image.

Yep I could see the image but its completely black, is there any way of fixing this? I couldn't go to the menu options because of the backlight thing.

Yep I could see the image but its completely black, is there any way of fixing this? I couldn't go to the menu options because of the backlight thing.

If you're willing to take the monitor apart to replace the inverter or backlight than you could buy replacement parts to fix yourself.
Else you need to send to someone to fix it for you.

Like brings said, either the backlight or inverter is dead. If you wanted to replace it, you would have to look on eBay or something for parts for it; so like I said before, it would be easier to just replace since depending on the part, it can be expensive.

If you're willing to take the monitor apart to replace the inverter or backlight than you could buy replacement parts to fix yourself.
Else you need to send to someone to fix it for you.

do you have any idea how much it'll cost me to replace it or is it better to send it back to the manufacturer to be fixed or get a new one if its possible? I wonder if the company will rather pick the monitor at my doorstep or I have to send it to them?

Is it under warranty? If it is, call them up and get a repair RMA#. If it's not under warranty, call them and ask them what their repair charge is. Then go on eBay and look up your monitor's model number and the word "inverter" and "backlight" or "lcd"

You would have to send it to them. Sometimes they send you a box, but most of the time you have to supply your own box and pay shipping to them. They will pay shipping back.

My monitor is only at least over a year old. I found a support service of samsung somewhere around my area, anyone know if I have to pay anything if I take it to them and show the warranty card and all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom