!!!!!!!!!!!!!URGENT: Need Help PC Hardware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!URGENT: Need Help PC Hardware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the past few weeks my computer has been crashing and giving me BSOD's, when I boot windows back up it gives me some error about a Esoniq sound card driver of which I know nothin about... Apparantly it has to do with my creative audigy.

Then last weekend it started doing something else, after a good hour and a half or almost at random my computer would lose its internet, I would check cmd>Ipconfig and then it would say that It cannot find this function or something along those lines...

Fast forward to this weekend, I would boot my computer up after turning it off during the night, once I'm all logged in (Windows XP), I would goto check my email at Outlook Express. Computer Freezes badly.

So I did a cold restart and then my computer's keyboard doesn't even show it posting and I get no video signal.

Today I put er in the same room as my parents computer, I put the x850 into that machine and the video worked fine. I then swapped the ramsticks from both machines (My parents computer has Infinion pc3200 Cl3 as well except they only have 700 mbs). Both machines didn't Post after doing that.

Could that mean my ramslots on the gaming machine are toast?

I will try swapping a Sapphire 9700 non Pro AGP into the gaming machine tmorrow when I get it.

Help me out please.!!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 12:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
G33K P0W3R!!!!
Location: HickTown, California (hesperia), and West Hollywood

sounds like the proc in the first machine might be toast along with the ram. possibly mobo too. can you get it to post? if so, run memtest86+ and tell us results...if not, first place to start would be to take all the accessories off, such as audio card, internet cards, modem, etc... and try to boot with only cpu, and one stick of ram. if no boot, pull all the ram out and try to boot. i it beeps, the mobo is good. if no beep, u need a new mobo

Listen to my music! and random/funny videos XD
Need a HDTV? Come find me at BestBuy #108 in Victorville XD
:D-----v Just pwnt my cpu, 900mhz OC v-----:D
Old 10-03-2006, 01:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I just did everything you suggested, and I did not hear any beeps or anything. So would it pretty much be safe to say that my mobo is screwed?

Apparantly my P4c800 is supposed to have a voice alert for the Post as well, which I did not hear at all.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to bigbaddog

From what you're telling me, sounds like the Mobo.
Closed Thread