Urgent Help- Power problem with New pc i've built

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunyboy

Banned
I dont know why, but on this new pc i built for some1 the power comes on when it wants, particularly when i tap the power supply, even when i push the power button so i can turn it off, it manages to turn itself back on if i tilt the cube/pc.., or tap the power supply. i checked the connections to the motherboard, and components, everything is secure.

I tried narrowing down the problem by unhooking the hardware components such as dvd rw, firewire card, and sata HDD and its still doin this stoopid shIIit. I suspect theres something wrong with the Power supply itself.

I havent installed windows or anything on it yet, well, can't anyway not yet cuz of dis dang problem.

anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

did you use any second hand parts ie case motherboard ect

the problem could be the power supply have you got another one you can test it with

I had that problem with an old emachines computer, it's most likely the power supply. See if you can test it out in another computer.

although this is probably not your solution its worth a shot cuz you wont have to get any parts,, , go into your bios and look for boot from network(or lan) and make sure its disabled,( im only mentioning this cuz its easy to do

there was something wrong with the cord connecting to the power button, i tried to take the front panel off the pc to see what was up but couldnt, so i just took a screwdriver and pushed it a lil, and its working perfectly now.

thanks for thee input fellas.

Yea, it would be nice if you could list all components including the Power supply.

But the Obvious solution: Like Others stated, is to try/replace the Power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom