Urgent Help needed on my gpu - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Urgent Help needed on my gpu

Hi my pc already served me good for almost 2 years.. Back 2 weeks ago, ive been experiencing lock ups and crashes during games (wow and such) so i took measures to recover this(wiping the fan, shift my pc to an air-cond room etc etc).. but the prob still persists until it reached the max state, unable to display a thing and whenever i power on, a long beep follows up by 2 short ones (bios beeps proven something wrong with my gpu)so i assured it must be old enough already and should be replaced.. Yesterday i picked up a brand new msi 7600gs 256mb.. To my surprise, the 3 ****** beeps sound again.. Im now so confused and dont know what should i do.. Please help, thanks

Amd 3500+ venice 939
512 kingston x 2
Sapphire x800gt (faulty ??) and msi 7600gs (faulty too..??)
msi k8n neo4

Old 06-10-2007, 05:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing
Send a message via MSN to Nick
Default Re: Urgent Help needed on my gpu

the three beeps sound like a ram error, run your system with only one sick in, then take that stick out and put the other stick in,

Old 06-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Urgent Help needed on my gpu

why don't you run MEM68 and stress tests and check your temps to see if it gets too hot ?
Closed Thread