Urgent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0bby

Beta member
I have a HP Pavilion a000. A bit old I know.

The original hard drive is only 40gigs, I replaced it with an 80gig for more pictures and etc. I removed the 40gig hooked everything up correctly and turned it on with the 80gig.

I set the BIOS to boot from CD, After about 5-10minutes I get "PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISC, AND PRESS ENTER" (Something like that)

After trying everything I know I hooked up an older disc drive. After 5-10 I get "Inspecting system hardware" or whatever it says on Windows XP install. It also never asks me to press any keys to boot from CD.

Its dreadfully slow after the long wait. I get a blue screen that ask for where I would like to install and I select C: and copy all the files. Once thats done it reboots like it normally should.

It never boots up into the install of XP to configure it with the serial and etc. It goes back to where I would like to install Windows even though I have all the files copied and the drive formated properly.

I've installed Windows on countless computers and never experienced this at all. I changed the cables, set the hard drive to different jumpers and everything. Even tried a few different Windows CDs.

Being an older computer you have to baby them to boot off of the Cd ROM.
Go into BIOS and leave the first boot option as CD ROM and disable the hard drive altogether. Then boot it will then boot from the CD ROM cause there wont be anything else to mess the bios up. Then towerd the end of the install process when its ready to restart go back into BIOS and re enable the hard drive and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom