urgent!! bad vid card, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a vid card fro walmart about 2 months ago, and it went out. it is a nvidia fx 5200 128mb pci, and i contacted support at nvidia.com and they told me to submit an rma to 3dfuzion. what exactly is an RMA ? i need to know soon, to know if i need to go out and buy a new one. i no its slow, but i dont game that much, just dvd's music, and halo(love that game) here is the origional message to nvidia:

I purchaced a 3d Fuzion GeForce MX 4000 about two months ago from walmart and installed it using dual monitors with the onboard and the nvidia card. about two hours ago i was listening to music, when the computer froze, and the monitor connected to the nvidia went black. when i restarted, the bios didnt detect the nvidia nor did xp. my computer meets all the requirements for the card, but it just stopped functioning. i can hear the fan on it, but there is no video. i have the most recent updated drivers, and have tried the add hardware wizard to no avail. i never overclocked the card, and only used it for light gaming, and video playback. also since i got the card, 1024 * 768 60 hz there were blue dots at the bottom of the screen by the taskbar on the nvidia, and when shutting down/starting up, there was a verticle purple line in the bottom right. also windows detects it as a fx 5200, and the software that came with it says the same, as does a label on the card. the model number of the card is 3dfr4000p

reply from nvidia:

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

This appears to be caused by a defective graphics card. Please contact the manufacturer of your graphics card to inquire whether it is still covered under their hardware warranty. If it is, please submit an RMA with your graphics card manufacturer to have your graphics card repaired or replaced.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

so what is an rma?

A RMA is when your send it back to the vendor your orginally bought it from and then they replace it for free. There might be a restocking fee but its minimal.

Just RMA it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom