Not open for further replies.

Ginkotsu

Baseband Member
CRAP!!

BCCode : 48 BCP1 : 8679C628 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfba8.dir00\Mini081306-01.dmp
I:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfba8.dir00\sysdata.xml

That file is always different and I've deleted the folder twice as someone suggested, but it only returns when the PC crashes. I also haven't installed any hardware or software recently its like this problem just popped up out of nowhere. :angry: Edit: I also get this message when the BSoD appears "Cancelled_State_In_Completed_IRP" whatever that means.

I reformat Every 6 Months or less, a Clean install is amazing. :)

But, it may not be an option if you don't have everything back uped, or you can't find all driver CD's or Software CD's.

i would just recommend a format it always fixes every problem unless you are getting hardware errors (random shutdowns, BSOD, ect).

I scanned with Spy Sweeper, Spybot and Ad-Aware. Then I scanned with Norton, Zone Labs and Stop Sign they all found nothing. My friend said my RAM could be defective. I really hope not because I don't have a backup PC. Now to find a memtest program. :mad:

Memtest ran for hours and found nothing...so much for not formatting. :sigh: Anyway after taking about 8½ hours to reinstall the OS, updates, replacing data, software and drivers everything is running good again. I haven't had the minidump problem and I don't see the folder in the windows folder anymore. I hated having to format because it takes so long to redo everything, but at least it fixed a lot of other problems too:

1. Speedfan no longer crashes
2. Master HD letter is C instead of I
3. Firefox no longer infinite loads a page

Still doing this! Now it doesn't even pop a message just a blue screen. I ran another test and this time it was the S&M program and it did find 1 error within the memory it tested. http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6303/smerrorfi9.jpg So what do I do now? Replace the RAM? Its not oc'd so I don't know what to do. Also I'm wondering if something is up with the video card because there are a lot of problems I've read about that causes the minidump issue:

1. Bad CPU cooling (X)
2. Bad VGA cooling (?)
3. RAM failing (?)
4. Software or driver is causing problem (X)
5. Check PSU (?)

1. The CPU can't be overheating that's impossible. I put excessive work into making sure the case has even airflow. The inside and all its parts have been cleaned with canned air and dusters.

2. The only thing different is I accidently damaged the gasket, but I didn't see where it was a big deal. I put a very small amount of AS5 on it since I put on a new HS that's still spinning according to SF. Also it ran just fine for like 3 weeks without the stock fan running at all and it never had problems.

3. Could it be caused by RAM failure?

4. Checked 3 million times already. Besides the system only randomly crashes when accessing Media Center or closing Firefox, looking through pictures on the HDD with the Windows previewer program. Once it even crashed when scanning with Stop Sign!

5. SF is telling me the -12v rail is at -4.30v...I dunno what else to do with this. I'm tired of trying stuff maybe I'll just sell this junk and start over.

Edit: CLOSING IE!!!

Ginkotsu said:
I hated having to format because it takes so long to redo everything
You can always get it how you want it and create and burn an image. That way you just restore the image and all the stuff you had will be there ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom