Uploading images to the net stops webpages but not MSN, YiM, Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConfusedTechyTeen

Beta member
Uploading images crashes internet but not msn?

I try uploading an image to Tinypic, Imageshack or Photobucket(Several more things).

As the upload starts, suddenly my internet crashes but I can still use Outlook express, msn and yahoo online. Also XBOX LIVE. All that stops showing up is my internet web pages.

I have tried Firefox, IE8, Chrome and Commodo (And others), each present the same problem once the upload starts.

Other then restarting my modem, I can do nothing else. Even waiting overnight never cleared the no webpage issue, I still had to restart the modem. So I can't upload anything at all and I have no idea why.

I tried a system restore on my laptop as well HOWEVER I have the same issue on two normal PC's and another laptop. I think this might be a router issue.

I have a D-Link DSL - 2730B wireless modem router and I do have all the fireware up to date.

Any suggestions?

Somewhere I read about changing DNS settings to allow those sites, however when I added them into my router, it then stopped allowing me online altogether so I think I did something wrong. I'm not a fool with computers but I don't know much about modems.

Try clearing out your cache and DNS cache.
How to flush DNS cache in Linux / Windows / Mac - Techie Corner

To flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows (Win XP, Win ME, Win 2000):-

- Start -> Run -> type cmd
- in command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns
- Done! You Window DNS cache has just been flush.

CCleaner - Download
Download ccleaner and install it, once done let it scan your computer for any excessive clutter in all of your browswers and windows.
Let it clean what it decides whats best for you and restart your computer.
May I ask which OS you are using and the browser versions you have on your computer ?
You might need to update all of your browsers if needed and they are old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom