Updating Laptop Hardware ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Googling: Sony Vaio PCG-G270, for details but nothing came up. Are you sure that's the model? Well, I don't think you can change the CD, DVD, or PC Cards but maybe some Add-on cards would work.
I'm pondering looking for a little newer model and wondering if I can scavenge the DVD player from this unit.

Will the DVD swap into a newer laptop ??

The max ram is 192MB

Sony VAIO PCG-F270 RAM Memory Upgrades

seriously, that thing is ancient.

DVD's can be salvaged but you have to reconfigure the drive itself, alot of hassle.
Yea, I've seen some literature showing 192MB as max. I was wondering if it couldn't hold at least 256MB. Guess not....

Anyways, next question for ya.

Say I find a laptop with a PIII 500....would I be able to upgrade it with a PIII 800 out of a desktop ??? :confused:

Are laptop CPUs intechangeable with desktop CPUs or are laptop CPUs specific only to laptops ?? :confused:

Yea, I've seen some literature showing 192MB as max. I was wondering if it couldn't hold at least 256MB. Guess not....

Anyways, next question for ya.

Say I find a laptop with a PIII 500....would I be able to upgrade it with a PIII 800 out of a desktop ??? :confused:

Are laptop CPUs intechangeable with desktop CPUs or are laptop CPUs specific only to laptops ?? :confused:

I'm pretty sure that CPUs from Desktop PC and ones from Laptops aren't interchangable because of have Mobile versions and Desktop Models. Also, the HSF would play a role even if you could

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom