Update with my bad motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo385

In Runtime
Hey guys I finally ran 3DMark06, I could not get a screenie of it but the results where

1683 3DMarks
SM2.0 Score: 553
HDR/Sm3.0 Score: 616
CPU Score: 4822

I am working on getting my motherboard sent back but I think I am just going to get a new one anyways.

Old thread:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/need-some-help-sli-upgrade-214936/

While 3DMark was running my GPU temp went from about 48 C to 62 C in about 2 mins.

Over all bad/good?

EDIT:
After running 3dMark yesterday, my computer has continued to crash every 10-20 mins. The screen will start to get really grainie and will eventually go completely black or a tan color.

Ideas?

Hey I was wondering if a mod could move this to the hardware troubleshooting area.

Thanks.

Well looking at those GPU scores, I'd say that the GPU is bad. You should have scored a lot higher.

Any other ways I can test to see if it is bad?

When I was playing Crysis, I would try to play it on all high settings and it would start making a really high pitched sound.(graphics card I think)

What should I do about a bad GPU? manufacture?

Hey guys I finally ran 3DMark06, I could not get a screenie of it but the results where

1683 3DMarks
SM2.0 Score: 553
HDR/Sm3.0 Score: 616
CPU Score: 4822

I am working on getting my motherboard sent back but I think I am just going to get a new one anyways.

Old thread:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/need-some-help-sli-upgrade-214936/

While 3DMark was running my GPU temp went from about 48 C to 62 C in about 2 mins.

Over all bad/good?

EDIT:
After running 3dMark yesterday, my computer has continued to crash every 10-20 mins. The screen will start to get really grainie and will eventually go completely black or a tan color.

Ideas?

Hey I was wondering if a mod could move this to the hardware troubleshooting area.

Thanks.

Sir or Madam:

As requested, the thread has been moved.

As for the GPU score, I think you either have a bad or corrupted driver, or a really screwed up video card. I'd definitely re-install drivers or RMA it (or both).

thanks for the move vernong.

I will reinstall drivers when I get in from work. Any basic instructions on how to uninstall them?

Thanks

I uninstall the drivers through control panel, reboot into safe mode and run driver sweeper for Nvidia drivers, and then reboot again and install the latest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom