Unusual Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkPsycho

Beta member
been switching a lot of components about... started up my pc and there is nothing coming up on screen... checked monitor on another pc and it's fine. Monitor was on an integrated port so i put it on a gc (also from another pc where ts working fine) still nothing... the fans are running... power is everywhere but its almost like the bootstrap wont start... thought it might be ram... im not really too hot on the motherboards front...

any ideas anyone?

Ok so before i thought i wasn't even making into post but now i've found that my hard disks are being accessed which i'm pretty sure doesn't happen til after post... still no visuals

now really confused

:S

Hookup a speaker to your MB to see if there is an error code beeping at POST. Have you had your speakers on to see if you are getting the windows sounds at boot (as if windows was running fine just w/o any video)? Have you tried to boot into safe mode?

May have a dead video card on the MB. Put the other video card in, reset the BIOS and see if that fixes the issue.

I already did that... tried to different gcs and the integrated vga... not getting the successful beep... not seeing post, cos i have no video not sure here it's failing. I don't think it completed POST...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom