unresponsive comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

shapeshiftersam

Beta member
hi,
i use a 915gav intel motherboard with a pentium4 2.8ghz HT and a WD 7200cavier 250 gb SATA.
after about 30 min of usage i here a click noise from my HDD and my computer is unresponsive for a couple of sec before coming back to normal

the click is very much like the one my HDD makes to park the header during start and shutdown,so i think it may not be anything wrong with it.

the sequence is a strained click sound from my HDD followed by the HDD LCD bright on and the OS stops responding for 3-5 sec then the same thing happens within the next 15-20sec and again in 50-60sec then the OS responds slower then before.

i looked into the log files the error is described as
"The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort2, did not respond within the timeout period."
and a
warning "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation."

my HDD is brand new which i bought after i was confronted with the same problem with my old HDD a seagete 80gb SATA , i also recently had my motherboard serviced at an authorized intel workshop(though im not sure that they did anything except dry clean it)

my pc config:
pentium 4 2.8ghz
intel 915GAV
512 mb ram
WD 7200cavier SATA
PSU 300W
windowsXP

any help will really be appreciated,this has been bothering we for a long time now.

thanks

well, i have experienced the same problem 3 times with 3 different different HDD so im starting to wonder if its a problem with my mother board

i have,the thing is i know now that my HDD is gone bad,but im not sure is why it happened, i think there is something else thats wrong with my pc thats doing this.....

can it be beacuse of my PSU ?? its a 300w ,is it sufficient ,its not a "branded" PSU but it has done the job for me until this happened, but with all the technology and "idiot" proofing does a power surge from a PSU really do this much damager?

note: its a SATA2 by the way wd 2500 js

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom