Unreadable Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWeedMan

Beta member
Hi all

Let me first tell you my problem and im praying someone has a fix or idea that will solve this bad boy.:mad:

Ok I was playing Counter Strike Source...everything was fine then wham...I get the blue screen of death, as the computer is rebooting I notice that the Bios screen is totally garbled (blank spaces and all) and unreadable. Using my motherboard (ASUS A7V600-X) manual I manage to navigate my way through the jumbled mess to start the computer in safe mode.
I have since then managed to Flash the latest Bios for both motherboard and gfx card through the jumble (again using manual to map through the mess) downloaded and installed the latest drivers for motherboard.

Im now getting into XP without the freezing in the middle of the crazy mess however I cannot install graphic drivers as I get a page_area error on the blue screen. I have tried everthing i can think of from every virus killer, reg cleaner (even thought I had a new strain of W32:CIH).

Any Help is good help guys.

System Specs:-
Operating System - Windows XP Home Edition
Motherboard - Asus A7V600-X (Socket-A) (Flashed to A7V6X009.awd)
CPU - 3000+ AMD Sempron (running standard no overclocking)
GFX Card - Geforce 6800 Ultra 256mb (77.72 driver version)
Audio - Creative Audigy 2
Others - 100/1000 Ethernet

System runs cool as **** as i got plenty of fans etc and psu is 500 watt.

Try go into safemode again and then install the video drivers, and also make sure that you have all previous video drivers uninstalled.

OK tried this one.....no joy.

I installed the drivers for my gfx card in safe (this worked fine) when the computer restarted I cant get into windows at all.

And bios (and DOS screens) are totally unreadable still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom