Unlock X4 965 Miltiplier Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rok54

Solid State Member
I'm trying to oc my AMD x4 965 black, but no matter what i try, cpu-z shows multiplier locked @ 4.0. In the BIOS, i am able to increase the multiplier to 10, 15, 20, etc, but it always shows in cpu-z as 4.0.

I increase the cpu load, but it still is locked at 4.0 multiplier and a 800mhz core speed as well.

I used MS tweaker, but that didn't work; all out of ideas at this point; can anyone help on how to fix this?

Question: is XP 32 bit not allowing me to inmcrease the multiplier --- any help would be much appreciated.

Thx in advance.

System;
* Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
* Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2
* Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 4GB(4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400
* Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ ATI Eyefinity
* Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface
* Storage: Seagate Barracuda internal 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive and Seagate Pushbutton Backup 250GB External Hard Drive
* Power: Corsair HX650W

Hi there I'm sorry you are having problems with this but AMD meant for this not to be unlocked and gave it a good GHz speed to prove why.

I have the same cpu like you and there are a few others that have it, but most boards cannot unlock that. :\
About your OC I see you pushed it to 4.0ghz but don't leave it like that for a long time.
If you want a good speed boost leave it at 3.0gnz and let it oc 3.8ghz when it feels needed to.

Also by looking at your specs you have a good setup, but if you really want a six core the 1035T going for 129.00 retail in most online stores will handle your needs.

Thank you very much for your input. It is much appreciated. I have been having other problems with my system. So I do the fresh reinstall windows xp. While adding all the software, I added asus ai booster. I actually got it to work. Set Multiplier 20 and fsb @204. Now my oc is 4.1. Cpu-z Still shows Multiplier @ 4x. But my system is Very snappy. Will continue to tweak with ai booster - Thanks mate - Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom