unkown problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jspot

In Runtime
earlier today my computer just turned off .. ( I wasn't on it at the time ) I tried to turn it back on and it would flicker on then off ( the power not windows ) the only extra part I had was a power supply so I changed that out and it wouldn't even power on. I put the old power supply in and it just flickers again ... I have taken my would computer apart and put it back together ( BTW it is a computer that I built not a factory one) incase it grounded some how. but I find nothing. does anyone know what might be causing this or had this happen to them too??

thanks
Joshua

well i took everything back apart hooked only my power supply to the mobo and the power switch to turn it on... does the same thing so I guess that kind of narrows it down

well even though the mobos dead...unless its the power port of it, it could still be the power supply...my mobo died it powered everything on but just gave me a blank screen i tried a different power supply and it started up but then died again and showed a blank screen when the power button was hit..it could be the mobo or the power supply...but if u tried 2 then most likely the mobo then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom