Unknown hardware errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zm307

Beta member
I have a barebone from a friend here that I am finishing up for him. All parts were assembled and when I turn on power everything seems fine, but then nothing appears on the screen except for blackness. I thought maybe it was the RAM so I took it out and put in my computer I am on now, and it booted. So next I took his HDD and put into this computer and it booted as well. RAM and HDD work then according to those tests. Asus M2A-VM mobo has onboard video so no video card to trouble shoot. The psu fan is running and the mobo lights up when power is given so I concluded that the psu and mobo are working as well. Can anybody offer any solutions to this? Thank you very much.

Hello,

Just because the mobo powers on and you see lights does not make them operational. ;)

What is the PSU power? Is it sufficent to run everything?

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks for the reply...Honestly I am not aware of the wattage.. I know it isnt very high.. somewhere in the 400 range at the most. I did though see the amerage which was 19 amps on 12v rail one and 20 amps on 12v rail two. Its onboard graphics..so it is hard for me to see how the video is effected. How do I test to see if the mobo is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom