Unknown Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
Hello, I just installed windows XP PRO SP2, and in the device manager im getting an unknown device. I already installed audio and video drivers. Im pretty sure that its something to do with the motherboard. The motherboard is an A-Open AK77-400N. I used UnknownDevices and it said something that i cant remember, but im postivie it had something to do with my motherboard, i know the word "bridge" was in there. I went to aopen's site and downloaded the VIA service pack which installed 3 drivers for me, but after a reboot, the unknown device still shows up in the device manager, i ran UnknownDevices again and nothing came up as unknown and the 3 drivers (for AGP and stuff) were listed, The device manager tells me:

and other suff that i dont think will be helpful under the resources tab.

Is there a way i can identify the hardware? or do you think it was taken care of with the VIA pack? THe only other drivers on aopen's site are for LAN, which i have, Audio which i have disabled (Im using Creative Sound Blaster Live! and have the audio device and game port installed, could this be it?, and USB 2.0. Is ther another program or something to try to identify the hardware?

maybe you could take a screenshot of your device manager so we could see exactly where it is

First of all I see you use Opera. Nice....very nice. I also use I think it is the best browser out there. Anyway did you try uninstalling then rebooting your computer to see if windows rediscovers it.

uninstalling what? this is a fresh custom (with nLite) install. I auctually installed it 2 times because i addicently installed some crap on it the first time. Mabey it is because of nLite that it cant find the hardware, mabey i removed compatability or it or something.
or
"Devices that bridge between bus types, such as a device driver that permits a parallel port device to emulate a Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) or ATAPI bus, are also known to generate an unknown device in Device Manager."

do u want me to upload my nLite config file so u could see if I infact removed something that is causing this, but that wouldnt make sense, its just missing drivers ><. I did remove ALL default drivers except for portable aduio and ethernet, so it could be fairly common and windows just dosent have drivers for it. Can i like scan my brother's entire windows directory (vanilla windows xp) if i map it as a network drive?

I installed Padus DiscJuggler and when i started it, i got this error:

and no devices show up in the program, not even my virtual drive with an image mounted.

well one you probably need to install teh MBD chipset drivers, and also one of them maybe a gamestick controller on the aud card.

i just removed my audio card but the device still remains. I have already installed the VIA "service pack" that was in the driver download section of my motherboard's manufuacturer site. (AOpen AK77-400N)

Im fairly confident that it has to do with my DVDRW (BenQ DW400A) Which i cannot find drivers for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom