Unique Audio Problem... Anyone have any clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. Here's the deal. Lately i've started to use my (2)250gig seagate RAID 0 array. I've loaded it with tons of backed up MP3's and roughly 200gigs of (video files) from roughly 2 years of mini DV tapes. Eventually i'll be making home videos for my last (2) years of video taking. Anyway... here's the problem.

When I play an MP3 or Video file from my RAID array the audio will randomly, (Crack, Pop, Click, Hiss, ETC) these sounds are both through z-5500 speakers as well and headphones. These sounds do not happen at all if I play either audio or video files located on 1 of my other 2 harddrives. They only happen with the RAID array.
My current sound card is the Audigy 2 ZS.

One thing I did notice is that the (2) SATA cables that are for the RAID array are very close to the soundcard on both sides. And I think they actually touch the card on both sides. I'm not sure if possible the RAID array while in use is causing some type of electrically splash or some kind even through the plastic of the cable and it's interfering with the soundcard? I don't know???

Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom